Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to my man!

Us on our honeymoon...with our waiter...Harley  :)
My husband turns the big 2-9 today.  Today he will start his last year in his 20s.  But isn't 30 the new 20 anyway!?!?  I think so!  :)  I just wanted to write a post to honor my sweet man today.


So here is my list of 29 things I love about my man (in no particular order!):


29. You respect me as your partner in this life
28. You are a fabulous leader in our home
27. You make me feel like I'm the only girl in the whole world
26. You make me laugh til my sides hurt
25. People think you are quiet & shy (& you are UNTIL they get to know you!), but I know the truth!!!  :)
24. You feel this overpowering need to protect me.
23. You love Paxton Clay with all your heart
22. God is your number 1
21. You think your daddy hung the moon
20. Paxton thinks you hung the moon (I like the trend I see...)
19. Your thick red hair, that has a few white strands...
18. You long to have a little girl to call your own
17. You think being a dad is the greatest honor
16. Your hands are bigger than mine & I love when you wrap my hand in yours
15. You are a momma's boy & you're not afraid to admit it!
14. My thoughts aren't secret to you because you can almost read my mind...it frustrates me!  :)
13. Your job is hardwork & you make it look like a piece of cake (thank you for serving this county by being a fireman!)
12. You are humble
11. Affection oozes from you
10. You are determined to always be a provider
9. You listen to other wise men & take note
8. When you come through the door, you kiss me first
7. You love football!  While I don't love that the team you love is UGA, I love that we share a passion for college football! (& College Gameday!)
6. You sold your truck so I could keep staying home with Pax because you thought that was important for our family
5. Cooking is a breeze to you!
4. You are a "good ole Country boy" & proud of it!
3. You pray for us
2. You never go to sleep without a kiss from me
1. You sneak into Pax's room, scoop him up, & bring him to our bed so you can hold him a little longer because you know how fleeting the days are.


Barry, I could've chosen about 29 additional things I love about you to put on this list.  You melt my heart with one look.  I vividly remember this time 2 years ago, we were in great anticipation of our wedding & couldn't wait to be MARRIED...to have the day over with & behind us so we could be husband & wife.  1 year ago, we were anxiously awaiting the arrival of our 1st born & you couldn't wait!  Our life is far from perfect but you make it perfection to me!  You are the love of my life & I know you don't give a rip about birthdays, but I do & you love me for it!  :)  So here's to you, my love....  Enjoy your last year of 20s!  I bet it'll be a wild ride so here we go!


All my love, forever,
Your Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment